The former Gregory Kotovsky and Sergei Lazo Museum Chisinau , Museutopia project 2008
The Gregory Kotovsky and Sergei Lazo Museum was inaugurated in 1948. It was situated at the center of Chişinău in a mansion built in the beginning of the 20th century. Dedicated to the Soviet military leader and Communist activist Gregory Kotovsky, the Museum contained a scale model of Kotovsky’s house in the town of Hancesti. In 1958, another section was added, which was dedicated to the life of Sergei Lazo. The extent to which these figures were monumentalized in Soviet Moldovia is remarkable, considering that both men had very little to do with Moldovan history. The museum was closed by government decree in 1991 and its archive was transferred to the patrimony of The National History and Archaeology Museum. Since 1991, the building serves the Ballet Choreography College.