The former Republican Museum of Friendship Among the People Museum Chisinau Moldova,
Museutopia project 2008
The Republican Museum of Friendship Among the People was situated in a building designed by Bernardazzi and built between 1898 and 1901 for the use of the municipal council Duma. The building was destroyed on the disastrous first day of World War II and reinstated after repairs in 1951. The Republican Museum of Friendship Among the People was established in 1977. In 1991, it was closed by government decree of the Republic of Moldova and its archive was transferred to the patrimony of The National History and Archaeology Museum.
The museum contained documents on the relationship between the Soviet Union and the Republic of Moldova and was dedicated to the history of Moldova in the last two hundred years from a Soviet perspective.