The Glory of Labour Museum Chisinau Moldova,
Museutopia project 2008
The Glory of Labor Museum was initiated and established in 1974 by the Management of the Electric and Public Transport Corporation in the Chişinău Moldavian SSR. The museum aimed to improve the quality of public services. To motivate its members in Chişinău the Union of the Public Transport Workers (UPTW) organised sport competitions, concerts, and social events with similar unions from other cities in the Soviet Union. On display are the prizes won by the Chişinău branch and photographs of workers who received medals of honor for servicing the public. The Museum archives hold documents from late 19th century. During that period, the tram transport was powered by horses on metal rails. on display is also documentation from 1890-1913 of information exchange with a similar union from Brussels.